Widely known for her weekly work advice column, “Ask Jill,” and for her skills as a presenter, trainer and consultant to countless businesses and organizations, Jill McGillen is a perfect match for her role as the leader of Next Turn. She founded the company in 2001 in the midst of a highly successful business career so she could share her passion for organizational improvement, leadership training and team building with a wider audience.
Jill is one of a select group in the nation certified as a Wiley DiSC® System instructor. Her knowledge of the DiSC® System is immense, and she regularly teaches the system and trains others to bring its benefits to life.
- Created the Train-the-Trainer program for DiSC® System products
- Creator of the CALM Conflict Resolution Conversation Model for managers
- Author of the “Ask Jill” work advice column that ran for years in the Oakland Tribune and syndication in California, and currently online work advice blogger
- Authorized Wiley Distributor and certified in DiSC and Five Behaviors of a Cohesive Team
- Honors graduate of Boston College: Business Management
- Master’s degree honors graduate of San Francisco State University: Instructional Technology
- Positions held in the publishing, legal and marketing professions, including senior manager role with a Fortune 500 company
- Nationally certified as a Career Development Facilitator
- Professional affiliations include: Northern California Human Resource Association (NCHRA), Society of Human Resource Managers (SHRM), Bay Area Biomedical Consultants Network
“Transformational things happen when managers become leaders and employees become engaged: individuals turn into teams, and teams turn into powerful, purpose-driven assets.”