Jill McGillen, Founder
Best known for her weekly work advice column, “Ask Jill,” and for her skills as a presenter, trainer and consultant to countless businesses and organizations, Jill McGillen is a perfect match for her role as the leader of Next Turn. She founded the company in 2001 in the midst of a highly successful business career so she could share her passion for organizational improvement, leadership training and team building with a wider audience.
Jill is one of 60 individuals in the nation certified as an Wiley DiSC® System instructor. Her knowledge of the DiSC® System is immense, and she regularly teaches the system and trains others to bring its benefits to life.
- Created the Train-the-Trainer program for DiSC® System products
- Creator of the CALM Conflict Resolution Conversation Model for managers
- Author of the “Ask Jill” work advice column that ran for years in the Oakland Tribune and syndication in California, and currently online work advice blogger
- Online columnist for the San Francisco Examiner on workplace issues
- Honors graduate of Boston College: Business Management
- Master’s degree honors graduate of San Francisco State University: Instructional Technology
- Positions held in the publishing, legal and marketing professions, including senior manager role with a Fortune 500 company
- Nationally certified as a Career Development Facilitator
- Professional affiliations include: Northern California Human Resource Association (NCHRA), Society of Human Resource Managers (SHRM), Bay Area Biomedical Consultants Network, Marin HR Forum, BOLD (Biotechnology Organizational Learning and Development), and National Society of Newspaper Columnists
“Transformational things happen when managers become leaders and employees become engaged: individuals turn into teams, and teams turn into powerful, purpose-driven assets.”